Forget the fancy napkins and table-top decorations—there are enough dishes to juggle and fires to avoid this Thanksgiving. Instead, why not skip the fancy and go for some DIY table decorations.
Let’s start with something to entertain the guests while they wait for the turkey to come out of the oven — a decorated, and decorate-able placemat. Just make sure everyone has a few markers or crayons.
Learn how to make one yourself after the jump or download the above here and print it out on 11-by-17-inch paper.
11-by-17-inch text weight paper
Black fine-point marker
Your Imagination Some downloaded fun
Method to make your own:
1. Plan out your design on the 11-by-17-inch sheet of paper.
2. Draw the design in using a black fine point marker.
3. Write in fun facts for your guest to read
4. Take to your local copy shop and make copies for your guests.
5. Place them at the table just before dinner.
6. Put out a cup of markers (next to the wine) so guests can doodle!
Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!